Well 2017 has come and gone. This was an amazing year. I feel like I really lived it. Some years let’s just be honest have been terrible. This year for me personally was really good. I had the following major accomplishments: RETIREMENT, AMBER DOG, Performances and I’ve been able to keep my sanity for the most part.
I looked over my goals for 2017 and I have to say that I have stuck with them. That just means I need to continue to add to my goals. I mean if I could nail the goals for 2017 then I can surely continue to nail the goals for 2018.
Since I’ve retired my focus has shifted. I was super stressed when I was working and now that I’ve retired it’s time for me to get serious about relaxation and just settling into my groove. Retirement is a Huge Adjustment and unless you’ve done it, I don’t think you quite get it.
This is me thinking about positive thoughts. Give it a try and see what happens.
One of the main reasons I started this blog was to give me a way to focus my energy in a positive manner.
So how do you set goals anyway?
- Keep it simple. Make too many goals and you end up not doing anything.
- It doesn’t need to have anything to do with fitness or health. This is a popular resolution but you can set whatever goal or dream you want. This is your chance to really get creative with your dreams and try to figure out exactly what it is that you want anyway.
- Write it down. Perhaps your resolution could be to start journaling. If you have never journaled or not for a while, this is a great time to start.
- Tell someone what your goal is with the hope that you can get some accountability and also once you tell someone, it reinforces your goal because you are discussing it.
- Day dream about your goals. What would it look like if you had this? How would you feel? Imagine it’s already yours and be happy knowing that it’s coming into fruition.
Feel free to comment below with some of your dreams and goals. Remember the more you talk about it, the more likely it will happen. So I’ll go ahead and get this party started by sharing my dreams and goals for 2018.
- Daily yoga (at least 10 minutes)
- Meditation at least 3 days per week but the more the better
- Dance daily at least 20 minutes
- Write daily at least 20 minutes
- Go on a plane for vacation
- Shop local, vegan diet and breathe through all difficulties
- Transform my guest bedroom.
- Keep singing
This is me dancing at my party and having fun. This is what dreams look like. Just do it.
Now see that wasn’t so difficult. Well here’s to an amazing 2018. Don’t worry about all the drama that’s going on in the world. You allow what comes into your reality. Choose wisely.