Changing habits can be very challenging. Think it’s easy and just give up sugar or dairy. Sounds easy until you start ordering off a menu at your favorite restaurant. So now what’s the easiest way to get healthy that doesn’t involve anything that you eat or involve any physical activity. It also doesn’t require that you meditate or journal or do anything differently. It doesn’t have anything to do with a magic wand or praying.
Being the bearer of bad news isn’t fun. But here goes, many of the products that you have in your house are toxic and can be contributing to allergies, hormone disruption and maybe cancer. Also they are bad for the environment as well.
These products include products you use everyday such as deodorant, toothpaste, lotions, candles, air fresheners, cleaning products. Many of the products that are purchased can be made at home for a fraction of the cost and don’t have these toxic chemicals in them. (Do you know what the red and blue stuff is in toothpaste? It’s not good)
It can be like cleaning out your closet or junk drawer to get rid of these products. Do yourself a big favor and look at the ingredients on your personal hygiene products. Can you pronounce these ingredients? Do you really need those ingredients? Do you know what they are doing to your body?
So the easiest way to get healthy is to just get rid of those artificial fragrances from candles, air fresheners, perfumes and lotions.
Now that you are getting rid of them, what can you use instead. How about starting with toothpaste? Here’s a recipe for toothpaste:
Natural Toothpaste Ingredients
- About 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons of baking soda
- 2 small packets of stevia powder stevia powder(optional)
- 15-20 drops of peppermint or cinnamon essential oil
Natural Toothpaste Instructions
- Melt or slightly soften coconut oil.
- Mix in other ingredients and stir well. If using semi-hard coconut oil, use a fork, if not, use a spoon. If you are using completely melted coconut oil, you will need to stir several times while the mixture cools to keep the baking soda incorporated.
- Put mixture into small glass jar
- Let cool completely.
- To use: dip toothbrush in and scrape small amount onto bristles.
Now you can always purchase toothpaste that doesn’t have toxic ingredients. Some of my favorites are here.
So there you go, an easy way to get healthy.