What is Plogging? It is jogging and picking up trash =Plogging. We’ll get straight to the reasons. We’ll count down like the Casey Casem Top 40.
6) You’re outside getting fresh air. Most people spend too much time inside. But with Plogging you have to be outside to do it. Otherwise, you’re just cleaning your house. We all know being outside has many benefits from getting Vitamin D to Fresh air. So get outside and Plog away.
5) You find some pretty cool stuff. I found $20 the other day just laying there waiting for me. I haven’t checked to see if it’s counterfeit or not. I also found an I Phone adapter, plastic bottles, cans which I recycle, a shirt that say, “Shut the Fuck Up.” I mean what else do you need in life after you have this shirt?
4) You do get a work out. When you start picking up trash, you can squat and lunge as you pick up trash. Pretty soon you will begin to feel your legs getting a little tired. So you definitely get a leg work out!! (Make sure you use good form when you pick up trash. Once you really get into it, you will want to invest in a grabber to give your legs a break.
After she ties her shoes she can pick up some trash while she’s down there.
3) It can be a social event. I joined a group of Ploggers and met some really cool people. Everyone is really nice and it’s a great way to meet new people. There’s actually a group that also kayaks and picks up trash on Rivers and Lakes too. So if you want to do that, there’s always that too.
2) Because you are doing something good, you suddenly begin to get really good luck. You generate a lot of good Karma and good things just start coming to you. This you will have to just try to see if it works. If you’ve been a jerk lately, go Plogging and then quit being a jerk after that.
1)The most important reason is that you are helping Mother Earth and all of the marine life. You are also helping our planet to be cleaner and healthier thereby creating a healthy world and you can be the change you want to see in the world.
So remember no matter where you are on the Planet. You can do this and you will be recognized as an Official Earth Angel. Mother Earth needs you now and all you have to do is commit to picking up 5 pieces of trash per day.
Valerie is a Health and Wellness Coach. She lives in Northern California with her daughter and puppy. She’s on a mission to share the news of how to be kind to Mother Earth. The good thing is that as you Heal Yourself, You Heal The Planet.