Last year I had a party and made these favors that were hand sanitizers. I must have made 150 of them as favors. You know I didn’t want to run out. Needless to say, I had many left overs. I gave many away to friends and family as there is a shelf life to these babies.
These are the uses I’ve found for them:
- Hand Sanitizer: Duh
- Hand Moisturizer: They have fractionated cocoanut oil in them. A little goes a long way and they do moisturize your hands quite nicely.
- Make Up Remover: Since I was giving them away because I had so many, had been using cocoanut oil to take off my make up. So I thought, I wonder if this will work. Well it worked quite nicely. I was really happy to make this discovery because I feel the ingredients are very good for my skin as well.
These ingredients don’t look very enticing plus they also come in a big Fat Plastic Bag. Just say no and make your own or just use cocoanut oil to remove make up.
I did have friends asking me for more of this stuff. Making it and delivering it does take quite a bit of effort when you consider all that I am doing. I am just not set up to be a manufacturer too. So I will make another small batch to give to my peeps. But in the meantime, here is the recipe that I’m sure you will love.
This makes 4- 4 oz bottles:
Hand Purifying Spray
- 1 Cup Distilled Water
- 1/2 cup Witch Hazel
- 1/2 Cup Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 20 Drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 20 Drops Lavender Essential OIl
- 20 Drops Lemon Essential Oil
Directions to make
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix Well. Using a funnel, pour it into 4 4oz spray bottles.
Spray on hands, rub thoroughly until spray has been absorbed into skin and let air dry. I also use it to take off make up. I use it to take off my eye make up and did not have any problems but do that at your own risk. Seriously would you rather use this or that toxic cocktail from Neutrogena?
Well that’s it. I hope you try it and enjoy it as much as I did. Stay strong and know that you can make all the difference in the world. Just remember that you do matter. One person at a time making positive changes can have a great influence.
Thanks Earth Angel!! You rock!! And after you make this, let me know how many blessings you start receiving. You are making a conscious choice to do a good thing and you will be rewarded. As you put out good, good thing will come to you. Remember that.
Valerie is a Health and Wellness Coach. She’s trying to share with people other options then simply buying more stuff in plastic. Join her and start saving the planet.